Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect

This blog was inspired a by a mentoring blogger of mine, Misty Gatlin. She came up with the idea of writing a list of characteristics that describes her as a way of being honest and open with who she was good, and bad. I decided to do one as well and this is how I see myself in all of my uniqueness and imperfection and they aren't in any order.
I am outspoken and opinionated.
I learn through experience and through other people's wisdom.
I aim to inspire young girls to walk with Christ and know him more.
I am a clumsy runner and often unmotivated to run unless I am trying to catch a bus or get rid of some frustration.
I hike to appreciate nature, get exercise and push boundaries.
I love God with all my heart and soul and often wish I could hear him more clearly than I do.
I swear when I can't get something right after a few tries, and I often cannot stop swearing until I figure out whatever I need to figure out.
I can be both unpredictable and predictable depending on the mood I am in.
I am beautiful and talented and I am thankful to God for what he has given me.
I hate the colour pink though I will wear it on occasion and appreciate its beauty on other people.
I am an overthinker.
I believe that you have to trust in what you can't see in order to believe and appreciate what you can see.
I do not have a great track record in relationships for I am not a trusting person.
I often think about letting out the dog across the street because he barks so darn much.
I would love a dog of my own before I have my own children.
I am often competing with my brother and I have no idea why.
I often love till it hurts and then love more but it often costs me more than I can bear.
I disclose my darkest and deepest secrets when someone has proven worthy of handling and keeping them.
I don't like loud noises especially car horns.
I love camping because I get to be free from the business and noise of the city.
I am intelligent and full of questions that often lead to other questions.
I am not yet a mother but I know I will be a good one when that time comes.
I am loyal to a fault.
I am lactose-intolerant and that makes for a life of embarassing and sometimes gassy moments.
I would love to play guitar but the idea of forming permanent calluses does not appeal to me.
I am committed to the things I am passionate about.
I often am cold even in the summer.
I always want to help people even the people that society deems as lost causes.
I am scared of trusting the wrong person because I have been hurt so many times through betrayal. 
I often have random thoughts that I think about as I am having a conversation with people.
I am not a multi-tasker but I like to believe at times I get quite close to achieving it.
I only fight when I care.
I will stand up for anyone I care about even if it costs me a lot.
I love bananas but I can't stand banana pudding.
I am a child of God.
I often mismatch my socks.
I am lazy after 11pm.
I know that my purpose in this life is so big it terrifies me hence why God hasn't shared with me his full plan for me yet.
I LOVE chocolate despite being lactose intolerant.
I am gentle spirited but can be bold when situation calls for it.
I would love to read my bible more without falling asleep.
I am a worship leader and love to sing about anything and everything especially about my love for God.
Singing in a gospel choir was one of my bravest and most exhilarating moments 
My deepest fear is to reveal who I really am for I am afraid I will be judged for it.
I am perfectly imperfect and wouldn't change a thing but its not an easy thing to be open for me.
Here's to first steps in opening up.



No comments:

Post a Comment