Thursday, April 1, 2010

New beginnings

Its been a while since I last wrote mainly due to the fact that exams are 3 weeks away and I have been killing myself to make sure I am ready for them. However, over the past few weeks, many things have begun to change...

As in my previous blog, I noted that I may no longer be a leader in the youth ministry, and this has proven to be true. I have left the youth group to join Young Adults and I am very glad I did. There are people there that have welcomed me, and now I will be a leader in the young adults. God has opened doors in my life to see more of who he is, and to be surrounded with others who want to do the same. For this, I am truly blessed.

Secondly, I have felt in my heart that this summer I would be working with kids. Currently, I am studying to be an elementary teacher at Brock in the Concurrent Program. It has been a challenge, but overall I have decided to stick with it and keep going. I have enjoyed learning about the psychology of children for it has been a fascinating learning experience, and an eye-opener. I know that God will use my knowledge and skills to touch the hearts of many children. I will be a positive influence and mentor into their lives like mine have been for me.

Lastly, I have decided to try a health challenge to not only eat right and exercise but to also maintain good mental health. It is so easy to slack off, stress, and consequently one begins to overeat. It has been a difficult year so far with all the changes that this health challenge is just what I need to keep me on track. For being a follower of Christ and a leader requires a strong and healthy mind, body, and soul. So I challenge everyone reading this to work toward maintaining a healthy body, and mind, for the lord will work on the heart and soul.

With love,

Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment