Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two Too Many


Two Too Many
Chantal McDougall
May 28, 2011 1:00 am

Too many times rejected.
Too many times mistreated.
Too many times left with a purple bruise.
To many times hiding from the abuse.

Too many times I waited. 
Too many times I lay wasted.
Too many times criticized.
Too many times pushed aside.

Too many times having to prove myself.
Too many mocking glances shaken off.

Too many lies and stabs taken tearing me apart.
Too many times wishing for a brand new start.


Too many silent tears from their mockery have fallen.
Too many words left in silence as He was calling.
Too many promises unkept.
Too many nights unslept.

Too many blows to bear.
Too many people who did not care.
Too many silent prayers in the stalls.
Too many left up concrete walls.

Two too many...

This is the real deal.
Every wound I feel.
No longer victim of my past.
His jugement of me already passed.
God's acceptance is all I need.
No longer humiliated.
Have already been freed.

Be careful what you say because words do influence and pierce the heart.
Last thing you want to do is leave a scar.
I have many. I show them to you.
Encouraging anyone who bears them too.
God loves your every bruise and scar.
So forgive your offenders and mockers and love who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment